I agree with Commissioner Yamamoto that HB 2020 is not, as it stands, a good idea. While reduction in CO2 emissions is a very worthwhile goal, it is one that really needs to be pursued on a national and international level. Unfortunately, the effect of HB 2020 on the world’s burden of CO2 would be negligible, while its effect on rural resident of Oregon would be considerable. There is little point in imposing such a burden on Oregonians if the rest of the country isn’t joining in. Worst case, people will leave Oregon to carry on their lives as they do now, in another state.
- Oceanside Water District has potential contamination
- Gumpon Unchanam Zuercher (“Kai”)
- Three properties considered for zone change
- Facebook development meets opposition in Tierra Del Mar
- Tobacco in Oregon: Cheap, sweet, plentiful and sold at kids’ eye level
- Steps taken at Fire District meeting to pay back firefighters, volunteers for back pay
- Signs opposing Facebook’s data cable instillation pop up in Tierra Del Mar
- Honey House grand opening was sweet success
- Tillamook Senior Kaleb Boomer showcased football talent at combines
- Friends of NCRD now selling flowers
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.