Hazmat response

Tillamook Fire District responded to a report of a Hazardous Materials incident at 10:08 a.m., Wednesday, Oct. 16, at the Shilo Inn in Tillamook.

The accidental mixing of muriatic acid with chlorine resulted in two employees requiring medical attention at the Tillamook Emergency Room (ER) for breathing problems.

They were driven to the ER in a personally owned vehicle prior to emergency responders arriving at the incident. One employee was evaluated and released and the other remained in the ER for treatment and monitoring.

The pool room at Shilo Inn was ventilated and cleared with no other injuries or damage to the facility or its occupants.

0
1
1
1
1

Online Poll

What kind of housing is most needed in our county?

Given the housing crisis that exists in Tillamook County, what type of new housing would be most helpful?

You voted:

Online Poll

What kind of housing is most needed in our county?

Given the housing crisis that exists in Tillamook County, what type of new housing would be most helpful?

You voted:

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

1. Be Civil. No bullying, name calling, or insults.
2. Keep it Clean and Be Nice. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
3. Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
4. Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
5. Be Proactive. Let us know of abusive posts. Multiple reports will take a comment offline.
6. Stay On Topic. Any comment that is not related to the original post will be deleted.
7. Abuse of these rules will result in the thread being disabled, comments denied, and/or user blocked.
8. PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.