Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped (any color)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed/drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ounce (1/4 cup) cheddar cheese
1. Drain and press tofu to remove extra liquid. Crumble; set aside.
2. In a medium skillet over medium heat, sauté onion and bell pepper in oil until tender, 5-7 minutes.
3. Add spinach, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
4. Add tofu; cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle cheese over the top. Serve hot.
5. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
• More spice? Try cumin or chili powder. Add other veggies.
Recipe and Photo Source: https://foodhero.org/recipes/tofu-scramble