Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups nonfat or 1% milk
- 4 teaspoons margarine or butter, melted
- 2 cups cane berries, fresh or frozen (raspberries, blackberries, marionberries)
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until blended. Stir in brown sugar, vanilla, milk and melted butter.
5. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
6. Add the berries and stir lightly to spread them evenly. Pour mixture into a 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with chopped nuts if desired.
7. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
8. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
• Try other seasonings such as nutmeg or powdered ginger.
Recipe and Photo Source: https://www.foodhero.org/recipes/baked-berry-oatmeal